When I visited Pacific Heights before Christmas, I wanted to photograph Vintage a la Mode.  But it was closed, so I had to go back to the Laurel Village neighborhood and visit them again.  Today, the weather here in San Francisco was beautiful, so I wore my vintage, floral Lilly Pulitzer dress for the occasion.  I took the long bus ride up there from the bart station and had the chance to catch the city sites, such as China Town and Nob Hill.  I found Vintage a la Mode in the heart of Laurel Village, which is a small neighborhood near Pacific Heights.  My first meeting was with their dog, Lilly, who works at the store and is their greeter.  Even though it was a busy shopping day today, Springer , the store's owner, was nice enough to take the time to talk to me and show me around the store, which is gorgeous.  In the dressing room area (with the bear rug), Deborah was busy fitting a dress to a customer.  She wanted me to share with you that when you buy a vintage dress from them, they will make alterations and they also do redesign.

If you live in the Bay Area, I suggest you check out this store.  They are only open on Saturdays.  And there are cafes nearby on California Street if you need a break from shopping.  If you do not live here and want to come to San Francisco on vacation, this store should be on your itinerary.   Vintage a la Mode has the most beautiful vintage clothes in San Francisco.  Springer and Deborah are knowledgeable and a wealth of information regarding fashion design and high-end vintage clothing.  They help their customers find that perfect outfit for what ever occasion.  Please enjoy the photos!


 This photo is an oops!
Springer Teich
 Vintage a la Mode
3234 Sacramento St.
San Francisco, CA
415-440-1554
415-407-3576
decolove@pacbell.net

 Springer, owner of Vintage a la Mode
 Lilly, the greeter at Vintage a la Mode
 A view of the store





 Springer helping a customer find the perfect dress


 Vintage a la Mode has a separate bridal area for dresses & accessories
 Rows of gorgeous dresses at Vintage a la Mode
 The dressing room area at Vintage a la Mode






















 I liked this so much that I took it a few times!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top