I guess I've saved the best New York vintage excursion for last.  Kat and I took the subway on a Saturday last month to Brooklyn to the flea market.  We were one week short of it moving to a new location for the winter.  Thankfully, a friendly local checked her phone for the new location, which was a taxi ride or an exercise of several blocks.  Before deciding how to get there, we had breakfast at a local cafe, Olea (171 Lafayette Ave., Brooklyn, NY).  We both got the special, green eggs and lamb.

The weather was cold, but sunny and beautiful, so we decided to walk.  We walked through the Fort Greene neighborhood and through some others until we finally reached the Brooklyn Flea (1000 Dean St., Brooklyn, NY).  It is their winter location and is entirely inside.  They have a coat check, so you can shed those coats and walk around freely and shop.  The flea market is a good combination of vintage clothes, jewelry, shoes, hats and purses and furniture and crafts.   The upstairs has many food vendors.

Downstairs, I found a vendor selling Bakelite bracelets, which I sometimes collect.  I bought one for only $25 (wish I have gotten more).  A friend who buys and sells antiques told me recently that my bracelet is worth $500.  Excellent!  I also met Epperson, an amazing dress designer who told me he used be on Project Runway.  I've provided his e-mail address, so contact him if you want to see more of his designs.  Enjoy the photos.

 Olea - get the green eggs & lamb
 Brooklyn Flea
1000 Dean St., Brooklyn, NY





 Bakelite bracelets



 Toni's perfect briefcase




 Clothes by Epperson






 Boots, boots, boots






 Peacock coat


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top