It has been a few weeks since I last wrote, but I wanted to share my recent trip to Sonoma County.   I was on my way to the Russian River and stopped in Sebastopol, which is about half-way from the Bay Area for a little break and to check out some more vintage clothing stores.  The first place I saw on my way into town was Aubergine Vintage Emporium (755 Petaluma Ave. S., Sebastopol, CA, 707-827-3460, www.Aubergineafterdark.com), which I visited in April on my way to Mendocino.  It is such an amazing place since it is not only an oversized vintage clothing store, but it also has a bar, cafe and is a music venue.  I reintroduced myself to Reeva who is not the manager, but holds the place together very well.  I found some fabulous fashion and interesting things.  After inspecting the several rows of purses, I found a black Coach shoulder bag for only $16.50.  Reeva assured me that it was a GREAT deal.  Prices at Aubergine Vintage Emporium are very reasonable and there is so much to choose from.  I would suggest that anyone who's reading my blog to check out this store the next time they are heading west on Highway 116.

After that great vintage experience at Aubergine Vintage Emporium, I got back in my car and drove down  Highway116 to the heart of the town, called Main Street.  There were two stores I wanted to visit here - Only one I'm going to be featuring  because it was so different and interesting.  The store is call Funk & Flash (228 S. Main St., Sebastopol, CA, 707-829-1142, Funkandflash.com).  It is an artistic collection of the very modern, extreme fashion and vintage costumes.  It is colorful, playful and and I especially enjoyed their displays including the life-size and life-like rainbow greeter out front.  Hope you enjoy the view.

Aubergine Vintage Emporium

The huge parking lot in front of Aubergine Vintage Emporium

Colorful slips at Aubergine Vintage Emporium

Sunglasses rack at Aubergine Vintage Emporium

Colorful scarves at Aubergine Vintage Emporium

A view from the front counter at Aubergine Vintage Emporium

Black faux fur jacket Aubergine Vintage Emporium

Back and leopard print jacket at Aubergine Vintage Emporium

Colorful panties at Aubergine Vintage Emporium

Hot black laced boots at Aubergine Vintage Emporium

Slips in the window at Aubergine Vintage Emporium

Beaded evening jacket at Aubergine Vintage Emporium

Cat jacket in the rafters at Aubergine Vintage Emporium

Heels on a rack at Aubergine Vintage Emporium

Colorful checkered feather boots at Aubergine Vintage Emporium

Front view of the feathered boots at Aubergine Vintage Emporium

Colorful woven purses at Aubergine Vintage Emporium

Hawaiian shirts at Aubergine Vintage Emporium

CBS jacket & hat at Aubergine Vintage Emporium

Reeva, sales rep at Aubergine Vintage Emporium

Funk & Flash

Rainbow greeter at Funk & Flash

Funk & Flash

Cher-like display with colorful Mary Janes at Funk & Flash

Petticoats and glitter shoes at Funk & Flash

Colorful Go-Go boots at Funk & Flash

Friendly sales staff at Funk & Flash

Enter At Your Own Risk Dressing Room at Funk & Flash

Sexy black blouse and shoes at Funk & Flash

Monster boots at Funk & Flash

Men's shoe department at Funk & Flash

More men's shoes at Funk & Flash

The 1960's Shrine at Funk & Flash

The well dressed man about town at Funk & Flash

Funk & Flash

One of the $10 racks outside on the sidewalk at Funk & Flash

Woman wearing hat and snake at Funk & Flash

Rainbow wigs at Funk & Flash

Rod Stewart wearing window shades sunglasses at Funk & Flash




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top