I am back from my travels to New York and have wonderful vintage clothes to share with you.   As usual, I traveled with my best friend Kat who was great company and helped us navigate with her phone all over the city.  She also found out about the "Death Becomes Her" clothing exhibit at The Metropolitan Museum of Art.  She found out about this exhibit from talking to someone at another exhibit we were visiting at Museum of the City of New York.

 The Ladies Wore Black (my terms) is about mourning clothes that people in the 19th century wore sometimes for many years.  It was a somber exhibit with music to match, but the clothes were exquisite.  Surprisingly, women were allowed to wear elaborate, glittery mauve gowns in the evening.  Since I am a fan of black as a fashion color, I was in my element.  I have also included some beautiful hats that were worn as well as a 19th century gown and jewelry from Museum of the City of New York.  Enjoy!

 The Metropolitan Museum of Art
1000 5th Avenue
New York, NY

























Museum of the City of New York
1220 5th Avenue
New York, NY




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top