Hello everyone! My name is Thursday.  I'm the kind of girl that likes to stay up late, eat too much junk food and thrift shop way, way too much.  I'm also the girl behind the blog My Girl Thursday.
I thought I'd stop in to say hello while the ladies are away on my dream vacation/business trip.  I brought some cookies to eat to fill in those awkward silences that happen whenever I meet someone new.  But hey, I think they could serve as a pretty sweet Halloween party favour too.
Seriously, does anything smell better than a bunch of gingerbread men getting baked in the oven?  I think not.  I used the recipe I found over at Joy of Baking, but I have to admit that it's not my favourite.  If you have a secret family formula tucked away in your recipe box I would go with that. 
Once your men have cooled their horses you can fill your piping bag with your favourite icing (or you can cheat like I did and grab a tube from the baking aisle at the grocery store) and carefully decorate with your preferred skeleton design.  I went for a rather cutesy version but you can opt for a more Dia de los Muertos version if you're feeling ambitious/talented.  That Mummy is pretty rad too!

Thank you so much to the Oh So Lovely ladies for having me here today.  I had so much fun baking and decorating these cookies for you all.  Less fun trying to convince my toddler that we should eat something other than gingerbread men at every single meal.

Happy baking!

*Thank you so much Thursday for the amazing Halloween cookie tutorial! We can't wait to get back and test it out! It was a pleasure having you on our blog! xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top