I just love it when I find out about new antique and flea markets in the Bay Area.  I have my favorites, but I'm always on the look out for new ones.  I recently heard about Jack of All Trades Indie Craft & Antique Market at Jack London Square in Oakland.  It's held the second Saturday of every month.  Today was the second Saturday of May and the perfect day to check it out.   It was a little windy, but the weather was beautiful.  The flea market starts at 11 and there is plenty of parking down there.  You can also get there by ferry.  I drove and parked in one of the lots I used during the Bart strike.

Jack London Square is on Oakland's waterfront and a great place for a flea market.  Jack of All Trades Indie Craft & Antique Market has handmade items, including clothes and jewelry as well as vintage clothing.  And I did see one of my favorite vintage clothing dealers, janey rose who is the Window Lady.  She had the best selection of clothes and purses and a huge a bus where everything inside was only $5. I found a green foreign legion-styled hat that fit perfectly and it was love at first sight.  It was $15, but I bought it anyway and wore it around the flea market.

After strolling around in my new hat, I found myself at the other end of the wharf at the Last Chance Saloon.  It's probably the oldest building down there and Jack London once worked there as a boy.  It is a tiny bar with a slanted floor from the 1906 earthquake.  It is full of history and interesting things inside, including hats hanging from the ceiling.  It also has many old photographs of Jack London throughout his life.  It was a great place to take a break from the flea market, sip a beverage and watch the world go by.  Enjoy the photos!



 Strolling to the flea market

























 janay rose - the Window Lady
See janay's card below for info
  janay rose - the Window Lady
  janay rose - the Window Lady
  janay rose - the Window Lady
  janay rose - the Window Lady
 Inside janay's bus- everything $5
vintage hats inside janay's bus
 Janay's card
 Flower child top inside janay's bus
whimsy hat inside janay's bus

 Jack London's cabin
 Last Chance
 Inside the Last Chance - the floor is slanted from the 1906 earthquake




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top