I am always looking for new vintage stores to visit in the Bay Area and beyond.  I have been thinking for a long time about going to check out the stores in Hayward.  This Bay Area city once had a thriving downtown with multiple antique stores and collectives.  I haven't been there for a few years and sadly, most of the antique stores were gone.  But I visited a fabulous vintage clothing store at a busy intersection called 2525 Vintage & Modern owned by Paige Ball.  This interesting store had clothes from the 1960's to the 1980's as well as coats from the 1950's.  I'm also including the most adorable child's cape from the 19th century or the early 20th century that was selling for only $12.  If only I had some child to give it to, I would have snapped it up.

Wandering through this store was a trip down memory lane, as I saw many clothes from my ancient history past.  Paige told me that they usually have more clothes from the 1960's, but she just sold 3 bags full to a theater company - oh well, my loss.  I still had plenty of clothes to photograph and share with you.  And guys, their men's section takes up a third of the store.  Enjoy!



 2525 Vintage & Modern
Owned by Paige Ball
22600 Foothill Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94541
510-733-6396
www.2525vintageandmodern.com
paigecm2525@yahoo.com






 Clothes from the men's department






 I love this cape




 Crazy wild 1980's dress
 Gold & velvet cocktail dress
 1960's afternoon party dress


 Vintage party shoes & more





 Vintage Ferragamo pumps
 1980's mini dress
 Summer dresses


 Stand out in a crowd coat
 1960s tricolor suede coat


 1960's dream cape
 Vintage apron
 Skirts, skirts and more skirts









 I had a top like this in the 1970's

 Pink Dior blouse for $4
 1970's granny skirt
 Esprit knit top

 Funky shirt for the man that has everything

 Sales rep Jordan Jones & hand-painted tie
 Hand-painted ties
 Frilly evening wear

 Colorful slippers


Nearby cafe in downtown Hayward

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top