Oh boy, it's Monday and I have a bit of a doozy of a post for you guys today (It's Erin here by the way). I have been putting this off for quite awhile now, not knowing how much of my personal life I really want to put out here on the world wide web, but here goes nothing...
Ok, time for a little real talk.
I'll start with the heavy stuff. Some of you may know this already, but for some it will come as a shock.  I recently left my husband Derek. Whoa, there...I said it. We have been struggling in our marriage for quite some time now, and I decided to move out of our home that we lived at for the past four years, a few weeks back. I don't feel comfortable getting into too many details because it is a very personal matter, and I don't feel as though I owe anyone an explanation. It was an extremely hard decision to make, one that I didn't make lightly because he is truly an incredible man and I realize how this affects our family and friends, but at the end of the day both Derek and I deserve to be happy. That said, I was lucky enough that Stef was gracious enough to let me temporarily move into our studio until I find something more permanent. I don't know how I will ever thank that woman for all that she has done for me in the last year especially. 

It's no secret that I have a lot of stuff. Clothes and knick knacks galore. Moving is the best time to go through all of your crap and trim the fat. So that's what I am doing! I will be having a big garage sale here in the studio! For those of you close by, come and check it out and bring a friend!
Saturday, June 7th from 10 am - 5 pm.
The address is 221 McDermot Ave, and the door is in between our shop Rhymes With Orange, and our lovely neighbours Tiny Feast. Follow the signs.

In more positive news, I also started a new job! I will be serving and bar-tending at Market Burger (the place that Stef and I designed the bathroom last Summer) part time. They have an amazing rooftop patio and I love my co-workers and am really excited to start making a little extra cash to chip away at my debt. For those of you in Winnipeg, come and visit me! I will be slinging burgers and beer all Summer long at 645 Corydon.

All I can say through all of this is: Thank goodness for supportive and loving family. I realize that a lot of people won't understand my decision, and that's ok, but everyone has been extremely generous and loving to me during all of the crazyness that is my life. 
A couple weeks back my siblings and I put on a brunch for my mom at my sister and her boyfriend's place in their front porch, and it was so lovely spending time with the ones that I love.

I even made crepes for the first time since my Kawaii days.

After we stuffed our faces, my mom and sister and my brother's girlfriend and I headed out to a few local greenhouses and poked around for hours. 

I've been going out thrifting as much as I can. It's one thing that is very therapeutic for me, and is a great distraction from everything that is going on.

I bought this mint bag off of a customer in the shop the other day. She walked in and tried to sell me some stuff that I wasn't interested in, but then I spotted her bag and asked her if she would be willing to part with it. She left a few moments later with a paper bag for her things.

In the process of moving, I have been purging a lot of my things, and have recently added more stuff to my Instagram shop. I will be adding a few really cute pieces later today, so keep an eye out!

Alright, well that's enough out of me for now. The past two weeks have hands down, been the craziest/most stressful weeks of my entire life. Separating from the man I've grown up with over the last ten years, packing up all of my belongings and moving within 24 hours, and starting a new job. Yikes. 
If you could send good vibes or prayers both mine and Derek's way we would really appreciate it. This isn't easy or fun, for either of us, but in the long run, we are both going to be ok, I'm sure of it.

xo, Erin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top