Since it's technically the last day of Winter (although it feels like Winter may never end!) I wanted to share one of my all time favorite soup recipes with you guys-spicy peanut and sweet potato soup. It's healthy, easy to make and the best part-it's delicious!
Here's what you'll need:
1 onion, chopped
1 Tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cayenne
1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
2 medium/large sweet potatoes
4 Cups vegetable stock
1 Can of tomato sauce or can of diced tomatoes with juice
1 Cup of peanut butter (I like chunky p.b.)
1 Can of coconut milk
1/2 C chopped green onions for garnish
Hot sauce (optional)
1. Saute the onion in oil for a couple of minutes, then add cayene, garlic and ginger.
2. Put vegetable stock in a pot and add sweet potatoes and carrots and bring to a boil and cook until tender (approximately 15 minutes).
3. Add onion mixture to the pot and use an immersion blender and puree.
4. Next stir in the peanut butter and, tomato sauce, and coconut milk.
5. Now all you have to do is taste the soup. It's sweetness will depend on the sweetness of the carrots and the sweet potatoes. If it's not sweet enough for you, you can add a little bit of sugar. If the soup is too thick, add a little more stock, water or coconut milk.
6. Top with scallions and hot sauce and enjoy!
I hope you it!