So guys, I can't believe that I will be moving in only one week. Gahhhh! Holy moly, where has May gone?! It's officially crunch time for getting all renovations and packing done! I'm not gonna lie, this has been a pretty hectic and stressful month because on top of moving, there has also been soo much stuff happening with the blog and store (all exciting things, but busy nonetheless) so I am really looking forward to being moved in and settled so I can take some much needed time to relax. Sometimes it feels like there just aren't enough hours in the day! Haha!

Now, that being said, our new place is really starting to look absolutely incredible! It actually looks like a home now and I am sooooo excited to start moving my things in and decorating (aka the fun part!) I will also be sharing before & after photos once I am all settled but for now I thought I would give you a little peek into what has been going on over the last couple months...

One of the reasons that we fell in love with this house was because it had all of the original details such as sinks, cabinets, light fixtures, etc. We really wanted to try to find an old home that was in as original condition as possible so we could do our best to preserve its historic beauty. We both absolutely loved the old farmhouse style kitchen but it did need a little bit of work (okay, so that turned out to be a bit of an understatement.) Some of the cabinets were broken and the layout definitely wasn't making the maximum use of the space so we tore them all out and re-configured them into a much more pleasing layout. I am so excited for all of the counter space and storage that I'm gonna have!

We also decided to do a subway tile back splash underneath the cabinets in the kitchen. I had done tiling in the bathroom at our previous house years ago and apparently it's like riding a bike - it came back to me very quickly! I'm so in love with how it turned out, it has such a clean fresh look.

Color decisions are so tricky! I don't want to be too impulsive and pick a color and then end up re-painting it a few months down the road because it's not the right shade or too bright (that has happened to me more times than I'd like to admit.) So far I have only decided on two rooms: the kitchen and the bathroom. I have always wanted a sunny yellow kitchen so I picked a very pretty soft buttery yellow for the walls. As for the bathroom, I went with a warm seafoam/mint color because in my opinion, you really can't go wrong with a pretty mint.

Since the kitchen tiling went so well, I decided to move on to the bathroom. This was a bit trickier because, as I'm sure any of you with older homes know, none of the walls are even. I did my best to keep all of the tiles level and in the end it turned out looking great! Man, I love the clean look of those subway tiles, they instantly brighten up a space.

I had found this gorgeous turquoise blue sink years ago while thrifting and I just couldn't leave it behind even though I didn't have any use for it at the time. So it has sat waiting patiently in my basement for the perfect moment to make an appearance and I think that the time has officially come! The bathroom sink in our place needs to be replaced anyways, so I think this would be the perfect addition to our new home.

Alright lovelies, that's all for now! The moving countdown is on! Eep! Wish me luck!
XO, Stef

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top