I don't know about you guys but as soon as summer rolls around all I feel like doing is cooking! There is something about the smell of fresh herbs mixed with a warm breeze blowing through my kitchen window that I just find so inspiring! Erin and I both spend quite a bit of time browsing through various food blogs and have both stumbled upon a few recipes that we have book marked and put on our "must make" list for this summer. Here are a few yummy dishes that we can't wait to sink our teeth into (literally):

Fresh mussels are one of my favorite treats and I have made them several times in the past but I would really like to start making them more regularly this summer! This recipe for Mussels Saganaki (mussels with tomato, feta, white wine and peppers) looks absolutely delicious!

This Veggie Burger Recipe looks like one of the most scrumptious I have ever seen! I mean, how can you say no to a patty made of crimini mushrooms and brown rice topped off with goat cheese, green onions and fig aioli? Mmm... I cannot wait to make this recipe!

I am the hugest sucker for cheese, especially brie, so this simple side dish of Baked Brie with Rosemary, Honey and Walnuts has me drooling. (I'm especially a fan of the idea of being able to use my fresh rosemary from my herb garden!)

This looks like the perfect summer appetizer: Peppered Figs with Fresh Mint and Crumbled Goat Cheese. Simply delicious.

When we were in Bali I had the most amazing gorgonzola gnocchi, in fact I liked it so much that later on in the trip we went back to the same restaurant and I ordered it again! Ever since then I have been dying to try to make my own gnocchi from scratch and this recipe for Potato Gnocchi with Gorgonzola looks pretty darn good.

I love quinoa salads, but this Quinoa Salad with Watermelon, Basil and Feta takes it to a whole new level! It just looks so light and refreshing! I can't wait to serve this at my next backyard BBQ.

So... are you hungry yet?
XO, Stef

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top