We received a lot of positive feedback from the time capsule homes we posted earlier in the week, so we thought it would be fun to share a few items needed to create an atomic feel in your own home! After seeing those houses we really felt inspired to jazz up our own spaces, so I got to researching atomic decor and compiled a short "atomic necessities" list:
1. A pair of amazing atomic lamps. These would look fantastic on matching end tables beside your bed or on either side of your mid century sofa. Lamps are the perfect way to add character to any room.
2. A starburst clock. You don't get much more atomic than a starburst clock. Can you believe this stunning George Nelson one? Wow. This is at the top of our atomic wishlist!
3. Unique dishware. Yes, it may not be practical for everyday use, but it's great to have something special to bust out at your next dinner party. Doesn't food just to taste better on amazing dishes? If you are looking for something more casual, a good atomic alternative is pastel melmac dishes.
4. Retro printed textiles. Your room will feel more complete with curtains, wallpaper or pillows with a fun atomic print! When in doubt, look for patterns with boomerangs, starbursts, diamonds, and other abstract shapes!
5. A few kitschy knick-knacks. Adding little retro touches, like this starburst coffee carafe, will give your room a more authentic feel! Plus, when have you ever seen a coffee pot with such a unique design?
6. Retro barware. If you're thinking mid-century, you can't forget about the barware! Spaghetti splatter glass or "string glass" is one of my all-time favorites! It is such a unique texture and I'm totally in love with all of the pretty pastel colors.
7. Vintage-inspired appliances. In a perfect world we would all have these beauties in our homes. They are a little bit on the pricier side, but a girl can dream, right?
8. A planter. These make the perfect centerpieces for dining room tables or coffee tables.
What about you, what's your favorite thing about atomic decor?